PHYTONIQs motivation – The key problem
Due to differing climate conditions, the regional, year-round availability of crop plants is limited and cannot be guaranteed. The use of energy-intensive cooling devices and long transport distances is to the detriment of freshness, taste and availability.
At the same time, the increasing world population as well as climate change is increasing the pressure on the conventional agriculture. The availability of big amounts of fresh wate and suitable soil are limiting factors. Ecological valuable areas are converted to agricultural sites and the application of pesticides and fertilizers is elevating.
PHYTONIQ, founded in January 2017 in Austria, provides following services for Indoor Farming:
- Aeroponic production facilities with different degrees of automation
- Development of ideal climate and growing conditions for plants (own plant testing facilities)
- Consulting and planning services for Indoor farming
PHYTONIQs key technology
Aeroponic systems using irrigation robots
Compared to the most indoor farming concepts we focus on Aeroponic systems. This means that the plant roots are pendent in the air and are sprayed with a fine mist of nutrients. This leads to an efficient use of water and fertilizers and – combined with a highly efficient LED-lighting system – to an economical and high-quality production of plants.
- Use of the most efficient currently available production methods, at least CO2neutral, free from pesticides and substrates.
- Water reductioncompared to conventional agriculture 95 %, the fertilizer reduction in 85%.
Digitization & Automation
- The climatic growing conditions of the plant will be digitally managed and optimized regarding the plants growth stage
- Taking advantage of the latest developments of Robotics and Industry 4.0 to reach a high level of automation.
PHYTONIQs key advantages for Indoor farming